Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day!

We had a great Father's Day weekend with lots of activities....as usual. We celebrated the whole weekend and let Dan do all of his favorite things! The weekend started off a bit shaky when I met Dan at the ER Friday afternoon. He was having intense stomach pains and it was really freaking me out (he's not one to complain about that kind of thing). Turns out after some meds, blood work, and a CT scan, he had some sort of stomach infection. So the next morning we started celebrating! We went to go get the kids at my parents and ran lots of errands! Sam's was included...where Dan got to do his favorite thing...eat SAMPLES! After a few more stops, we took the kids home for naps and started cleaning up the House (another one of Dan's favorite things...not kidding) for Sunday night...when were were having everyone over. When the kids woke up we decided to play outside and relax!
We stayed in that night to take it easy, rented a movie, and went to bed early! We woke up bright and early Sunday to go to Church and Murdoch Perk for breakfast!!
Next we hit up the City Museum! We went once before and the outside was closed. Ever since, Dan has been dying to go back! So off we went! I only had 2 minor heart attacks...so that was good! Something about being up really high and crossing bridges with see-through bottoms just doesn't appeal to me. But Dan LOVED it! And so did the kids...so I guess I'll just get over it :)
Here is where one of my heart attacks hit! My almost 3 year old really wanted to try and cross this pond on a pipe! It was all older boys I saw doing it, but Dan convinced me to let her give it a go. I'm very proud to say she crossed PERFECTLY! I was a bit surprised...I thought for sure she was too young...but she never ceases to amaze me...
Grady LOVED this fountains, but we were quickly scolded for touching them right after this pic...
We finished out the afternoon with a few more fun activities at the City Museum...we literally could have stayed for days!
Finally, Sunday night we had the Adcock's and Patterson over for dinner. Of course that meant the kids got to play outside in their pool!
All in all, we had a fabulous weekend! So glad it ended MUCH better than it started :) Happy Father's Day to Danny-boy, my Dad, my Father-in-Law, & Grandaddy! We had a great time celebrating with you all!!

No comments: